Document can be downloaded, HERE.2021-03-09 Calgary Zone Community Conversation Slides
AHS Medical Officer of Health Dr. Jia Hu invites you a virtual COVID-19 Community Conversation for the Calgary Zone. Following an update on the status of COVID-19 in Alberta and the Calgary region, and AHS’ response – including vaccine safety – Dr. Hu will answer your questions.
Two virtual events have been scheduled – to register, click on the date and time that works best for you:
Please feel free to submit any questions you may have when you register, or email them to us at [email protected]. This will help us to design a presentation that reflects your key concerns.
Vulcan Regional Victim Services Society
24/7 Crisis Line: 403-485-5847
Office Phone Number: 403-485-6163
“Bridging the Gap from Hurt to Hope”
Bringing good breast health to you
The AHS Screen Test Mobile Mammography Clinic will be returning to Vulcan April 26 to 30, 2021. Screen Test brings breast cancer screening to women across Alberta with its state-of-the-art mobile mammography unit.
Due to COVID-19, the Screen Test mobile mammography service was suspended three months in 2020. We have resumed service but are now several months behind on our usual rotation. Screen Test is taking a number of precautions to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. Details will be shared when clients call to book an appointment.
We are asking for your help to raise awareness about the clinic and the importance of breast cancer screening. Here are some ideas about raising awareness:
– Share the attached e-poster on Facebook and online community groups, forward to your colleagues, friends and women who may be eligible (age 40+). A PDF and JPG are included for your convenience. To order other resources please email [email protected].
– Visit the newly designed screeningforlife.ca website for breast health and Screen Test information, including:
o Have questions? Get some answers with our FAQs
o Learn about your personal risk of breast cancer and what you can do about it here
– Tweet about it – share this tweet “Hey ladies – do you need a mammogram? The Screen Test mobile mammogram clinic will be in Vulcan April 26-30. Call 1-800-667-0604 (toll-free) to book today!”
Here’s some info about the clinic:
What: AHS Screen Test Mobile Mammography Clinic
How to book: Call 1-800-667-0604 (toll-free)
Why are mammograms important? Screening mammograms are routine tests used to find early signs of cancer in women who have no breast problems or symptoms. They can find changes in the breast that are too small to be felt by a woman or her doctor. Early detection with mammograms is one of the reasons that most women (90%) are now surviving breast cancer. To learn more about Screen Test, visit our website or call us at 1-800-667-0604.AHS ScreenTestEPoster Vulcan 2021
Tollestrup Construction will be performing work in the community of Arrowwood this year.
They specialize in:
– Paving & Asphalt (driveways, paths, sidewalks, road repairs)
– Aggregate Products (landscaping, other applications)
– Concrete Work
Please visit their website at www.tollestrup.com for full details on their products and services.
If you have any upcoming projects this year, and are looking to save money…now is the time to act.
For a free estimate, please contact Kaitlyn at 403-360-7859, or email: [email protected]